Friday, August 20, 2010

Just the way it goes!

Okay, so I've been slack with my blog, shoot me!
Please don't, if you do there won't be anymore cake,
and that's never a good thing!!

Sooooooo, what has been happening? Well I've been busy with doctors and such and getting tests, and i still have more tests, and work is just plain hectic, and that's no excuse for the lack of cake, except there hasn't been a lack of cake (or cake decorating class for that matter),
just a lack of blog!!
So now onto the recap...


For my mum and her sisters birthday they requested a heart shaped cake, and since simple is generally better, here is my Mississipi Mud Cake, with yellow fondant and an orchid i made, with some simple leaves.
The "happy birthday" was a bit shakey
(I don't know why, I'm not usually that shakey)
and if I had had the time to go to the cake shop
I probably would have painted it gold to match the board. But i didn't...


My friend Kristy recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy Isaac John, and so i made them some baby cupcakes ripped straight from planet cake, but they were surprisingly easy to make and turned out quite cute. A good baby cupcake!


On the spur of the moment the other day i bought a Muffin-top pan, which makes muffin tops and thats it! It is rather cool, and since its only the top of the muffin, technically you can eat more than one! I've also recently made some lava pudding which turned out really well, but i forgot to take a photo of it! And have made a lot of rocky road lately (apparently its got a name for itself) and I've been fiddling with what goes into it, honeycomb seems to be a favourite, peanut butter was not!




Another flower from cake decorating, this one is supposed to be a lilly, but once again I'm not happy with it entirely, The petals dried at the wrong angle, but I like the colour. You can't really tell from the photo but its three different shades of purple and white. I have to say I like making these types of flowers more, where you have to put the individual pieces together. It just amazes me how it all comes together to make something else!


These were also the result of cake decorating class, they are booties for baby cakes, the were quite simple to make, I'm not 100% sure I like them. Let's just say I'm not in love with them! They are flower moulding paste and then covered with white royal icing, and then topped with a little blue bow. I think the thing I'm most impressed with is the bows, they are so cute and tiny and I tied them myself. A feat I may never be able to complete again.











1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this content. Hope you could also check our baked creations soon. 🙂

    ReplyDelete