Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cake Round-up!!

My apologies, it has been a while. But that does not mean there has not been any cake!

So in the tradition of slack bloggers, I present a Cake Roundup!!


When Daniel turned 2 he was really into Bob the Builder!

Its all buttercream - no fondant in sight!

There are little tool shaped candles on the corners, which I think are rather cool!



This cake I will admit, I did not make. Ok, I didn't make the actual cake, but I did make the roses and leaves, and did the piping on the top. This cake was for our minister at church who retired after being with us for 7 years. The thing I learnt with this cake is that food coloured leaves and cream coating does not mix. The colour ran the whole way down the side of the cake. But no one seemed to mind.

My Dad loves wrestling! Always has, and probably always will!! So for his 75th birthday last October I made him a wrestling cake. I hand drew the WWE logo on the cake and it is painted with food colouring straight on the fondant. The figures aren't edible, but I was pressed for time, and sometimes I think the real thing is better than anything I could make. I don't know how I would have got the guy in the air otherwise. I did make the chair though!! The hardest thing to make on this cake was the ring. Trying to get the brownie sticks to stay straight and not tilt in was difficult. Although I don't know what I would do next time.


Hopefully the next update, will not be so long away, I do have some more cakes to post, but I thought they deserve their own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment